Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Beginnings

With the new year comes new goals, at least that's what I'm told. I have never been one who does well setting and completing goals. I'm not a very structured person by nature and I guess the thought of writing my goals, dreams, and desires down somehow makes them tangible . Unchangeable. 
(winces as I write...) Permanent.

Dont get me wrong. I have lots of dreams. My share of Goals and and endless stream of desires. But I like to be flexible and sometimes, ok, I'll admit, too often... those dreams change. Usually, before I even have the chance to complete it's predecessor. 

But this year is different. I guess 10.5 years of marriage, 9 years of motherhood, and 4 kids has taught me that more often than naught, I need to have plans. Definitive plans. My life has become quite crazy, this last year especially. So no more flying by the seat of my pants. (Well, less of it anyways.) This is my battle. Probably for life. To find that happy balance where structure harmoniously flutters with spontaneity.

No comments:

Post a Comment